Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 22:29:34 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: LinkedIn

On 06/06/2012 10:15 PM, Solar Designer wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 06, 2012 at 02:19:00PM -0500, jfoug wrote:
>> Again, simply copy this source file into ./src (magnum-jumbo, but likely
>> would work in jumbo-5), recompile and then use --format=raw-sha1_LI as one
>> of the command line params.  NOTE, you WILL always have to force use the
>> format string for this one.
>
> Like I've already suggested, you do need to test it with jumbo-5 and
> announce it on john-users.  Talking about this on john-dev is only
> meaningful for development.  If we want anyone to actually play with
> this stuff, then we must post to john-users.

I just tested it on Jumbo-5, there is a problem with the new SHA_BUF_SIZ
thing:

rawSHA1_LinkedIn_fmt_plug.c:89:24: error: ‘SHA_BUF_SIZ’ undeclared here
(not in a function)

The attached patch make it use 80 if not defined, this works fine with
Jumbo-5 (no problems building and passes self-test).

> As an option, you may generate a patch against jumbo-5, upload it to the
> wiki, and post brief instructions and the wiki patches page URL to
> john-users.  I think this would work best.

It's a simple plugin format, I think just posting the source file will
be better for many john-users. The file (after my patch) will likely
work with any Jumbo that has plugin support.

magnum

View attachment "linkedin_j5.diff" of type "text/x-patch" (390 bytes)