Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 10:59:26 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: HD 7970 LDS Bank Conflicts

Hi Sayantan,

On Tue, Jun 05, 2012 at 12:03:22AM +0530, SAYANTAN DATTA wrote:
> I have posted my problem to devgurus.amd.com and here's the link.
> http://devgurus.amd.com/message/1281717#1281717

Why are you concerned about bank conflicts at this stage?  What's the
penalty for a bank conflict?  Have you estimated how often you will have
a bank conflict (as percentage of total LDS accesses perhaps) if you
don't try to avoid them?

Can you just try to use LDS in whatever way and see what happens first?

Alexander