Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 01:42:00 +0200
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: New version of john.bash_completion

On 06/01/2012 05:12 PM, Frank Dittrich wrote:
> Hi magnum,
>
> here is an enhanced version of the bash completion script (diff against
> current git version attached).

Since apparently this version has not yet been pushed to git, I just
continued working on it.

Changes:
-cosmetic cleanups
-minor bug fixes
-completion support for -opt:val

If $COMP_WORDBREAKS does not contain a colon,
$ ./john -fo:a[tab]
becomes:
$ ./john -fo=a

Otherwise,
$ ./john -fo:a[tab]
becomes
$ ./john -fo:afs

All other options should work as well, at least those options with
useful completions, not just usage hints, e.g., there's no completion
for --users:

Please test to check if I missed something.
Otherwise, enjoy the new functionality.

Frank

View attachment "john.bash_completion.diff" of type "text/x-patch" (15536 bytes)