Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 07:53:37 +0200
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: bash auto-completion for john

On 05/31/2012 02:13 AM, magnum wrote:
> I have a hard time re-programming my muscle-memory. Would it be tricky
> to support a colon as an alternative for the equal-sign?

I already tried. If it could have been done without many changes, I
would have implemented it together with the abbreviated -opt= support.
In fact, I started with --opt:, but realized it required a more
complicated approach (at least when starting from the currently existing
code) .

Do you have a sample command which supports -option:value or
--option:value and supports bash completion?
Then I would have an easier start.

Frank