Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 20:26:52 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: memory usage within JtR and possible ways to significantly
 reduce it.

On 05/28/2012 08:04 PM, Solar Designer wrote:
> Jim, magnum -
>
> On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 10:06:39AM -0500, jfoug wrote:
>> I have this change done, and it has been patched into magnum-jumbo, and
>> bleeding edge (I think bleeding edge).
>
> It is great news that you implemented this - thank you! - but I never
> intended it to be included into the upcoming jumbo (in June?)  I think
> this is too invasive a change to be included now.  It may/will cause
> problems during the upcoming contest (if magnum-jumbo is used, which I
> guess it will be) and more problems in the next jumbo release, if that
> code is included.  Can we back it out and plan to reintroduce it after
> next jumbo release?

No problem at all, I'll just revert them and it will propagate down to
other's branches. We could either leave it in bleeding-jumbo (fairly
logical unless we want to run that one during the contest), or revert it
from there too and create a testing-jumbo. This might be "bleeding-jumbo
plus experimental stuff" whereas bleeding-jumbo is supposed to be
exactly the same as magnum-jumbo but rebased upon latest CVS.

magnum