Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 15:17:11 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Brad Tilley" <>
To: "Solar Designer" <>
Cc: "Brad Tilley" <>,
Subject: Re: Brute Force TrueCrypt Headers

> On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 11:04:02PM -0400, Brad Tilley wrote:
>> Here is my source code:
>> Here is the FAQ:
> Here's another implementation, including some CUDA code:
> GPLv3, unfortunately.
> I learned of this one from:
> The reported speed is only 15 passwords/second on a quad-core CPU.
> Brad - how does this compare to your implementation's speed?
> Alexander

Also, I forgot to add that my code is GPLv3 as well. I don't suspect
you'll use it, but feel free if you like. If you want to use it and the
license is a problem, I can provide a BSD license to the JTR project.

My code is mostly meant as a proof of concept and for demonstration
purposes thus it is unlikely to be very useful when performance is a
paramount concern.