Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 23:15:23 +0200
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: file synchronization backend for MJohn

On 05/20/2012 11:02 PM, Frank Dittrich wrote:
> No commit should remove or change any line in a pot file, only added
> lines should occur.
>
> For the list of remaining hashes, the opposite is true:
> Every commit which changes such a file should just delete lines.

Other files should never change once they are added to the repository.

Let's say we decide to use certain word list files (facebook first
names, rockyou, ...).
If we want to keep track about what rules have already been tried
against a particular hash type, it really helps if the word list files
in question don't change their contents.

Frank