Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 04:36:39 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Sayantan: Weekly Report #4

Hi Sayantan,

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 02:14:31AM +0530, SAYANTAN DATTA wrote:
> Accomplishments:
> 1.Achieved 85% of hascat performance in mscash2-opencl using 7970.
> 2.Implementation of common_opencl_pbkdf2.c is complete.
> 3.Integrated multi-gpu cracking in common_opencl_pbkdf2.c
> 4.Identified and fixed memory leaks in gpu buffer memory. Format is
> suitable for prolonged cracking.

> 2.Implement blowfish.

This looks good to me.

Please approach Blowfish sooner rather than later.

In Accomplishments above, you don't mention any of your work on using
multiple GPUs at once - although I think you did some work on this.
Does this mean that you did not actually "accomplish" anything in that
respect?  It'd be helpful if you let us know what you tried and what you
observed, even if the goal was not achieved.

Thanks,

Alexander