Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 09:59:07 +0200
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: bash auto-completion for john

On 05/16/2012 09:25 AM, magnum wrote:
> No, that should do. Or just provide usage syntax: Even if you do this
> thoroughly I still think it will be confusing because if you correctly
> list all default modes and the user has a bunch of custom modes
> configured, he will see the former but not the latter. Doesn't make much
> sense.

I think most users won't add any custom external modes.
Those who do are probably also interested in using other stuff from
latest jumbo.
If not, they'll at least be less confused because they recognize which
external modes are missing, and why.

May be it is time I wrap up a new version, let you include it in latest
git, and start discussing this on john-users.

Frank