Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 01:59:56 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: mschapv2-conversion

Deepika -

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 01:56:21PM -0700, deepika dutta wrote:
> I did following modifications and while debugging the program, it gets terminated in fmt_self_test() in crypt_all().

That's as expected. ;-)  That is, it would be naive to expect one's
initial implementation to be so bug-free that it'd pass the self-test
right away.  This is where the real work starts: debug it!

It is unlikely that members of this list will debug this starting with
your changes.  If anyone is willing to go for the effort and has time
for it now, it is likely easier for the person to start from scratch
(that is, from known-working code in jumbo).  I know that starting from
scratch is easier for me.

> I have attached the source files, where sections marked CHANGE are the changes I have done.

Despite of what I said above, can you please post your changes in the
form of a patch?  That way, they will be slightly more likely to be
looked at.

http://openwall.info/wiki/how-to-make-patches

Thanks,

Alexander