Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 09:15:10 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Debugging memory leaks

There seem to be numerous memory leaks in the libclamav code I use in
RAR. Unfortunately their normal case is a valid archive whereas our
normal case is random data. In many cases, an early reject results in
leaked memory.

I have some vague memories of a discussion about giving mem_alloc_tiny a
"saved state" feature that would probably be perfect here. It could also
be a performance boost - unrar makes lots of miniscule allocs.

Ah, here it is: http://www.openwall.com/lists/john-dev/2011/05/10/5

I may end up having to implement this :-/

magnum