Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 01:14:04 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: bash auto-completion for john

On 05/13/2012 12:26 AM, magnum wrote:
> On 05/12/2012 04:51 AM, Frank Dittrich wrote:
>> $ ./john --list=
>> ?                 ext-filters       hidden-options    rules
>> build-info        ext-filters-only  inc-modes
>> externals         ext-modes         options
>>

>> "?" and "options" have been added by me. Is that OK?
>
> Until now I thought "options? what does he mean?" but now I got it: That
> is a section (currently only having one subsection, opencl). So to
> really cover all bases, we should have a --list=sections, right?

Hm, that's not trivial. I have a version but it emits this right now (I
only suppress sequential dupes):

list.generic
list.external
list.external_base
list.external
list.external_base
list.external
incremental
list.rules
userclasses
options

I think we should just drop this idea, it's not worth the effort.

magnum