Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 11:37:59 +0200
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: bash auto-completion for john

On 05/08/2012 08:58 AM, magnum wrote:
> I noticed I currently won't get any completion if I only write one dash,
> as in john -inc. Hopefully we can support both ways.

This is easy to fix.

Just add

               if [[ "_${compreplya}_" == "__" ]] ; then
                        cur="-${cur}"
                        compreplya=`compgen -W "${options}" -- ${cur}`
                fi

after

                compreplya=`compgen -W "${options}" -- ${cur}

I hope it is OK to replace -wo with --wordlist=, or should I expand this
to -wordlist=?
(In this case expanding - will provide a list where all options appear
twice, once starting with --, once just starting with -.)

Expanding -wo=passwo or -word:passwo to --wordlist=password.lst will be
a little more effort.

Frank