Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 17:19:55 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: mschap-v2 des bs conversion

On Sun, May 06, 2012 at 01:08:38PM -0700, deepika dutta wrote:
> I have written the following code for filling B[] with plaintext in bitsliced form. Since the plaintext is same for each layer, so the approach is pretty straight forward.

Yes, it looks like you're lucky with this for MSCHAPv2.

You should be able to do this conversion in get_salt(), which is not
performance-critical.

> Please go through and see if its fine for you.

If you're trying to help the project, then you should not expect others
to review every bit of code for you before it's even tested. ;-)

Here's one detail I noticed, though:

>             if (temp == 0)
>                 b[j + i] = 0;
>             else
>                 b[j + i] = 1;

You should be putting -1 (all bits set), not 1, into b[] elements.

Alexander