Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 15:03:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: deepika dutta <deepikadutta_19@...oo.com>
To: "john-dev@...ts.openwall.com" <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: mschap-v2, des bs conversion

For mschap-v2 des encryption, I will use des_bs_crypt_LM() which uses no salt and no iterations. You have told in your previous posts (written to Piyush) that initialization of data block is to be removed from this function. Since mschap will have different plaintexts depending on the challenge, it has to be read and initialized in bitsliced form (which I believe is stored in B[]). I want to understand how and where this initialization of plaintext into bitsliced form is happening?

B[64] is long type (using generic build) meaning that same input block will be  repeated 32 times in it , and K[56] will have 32 different keys, I can understand that key setup is being done in DES_bs_set_key() but cannot find how the plaintext is to be setup.

Cheers,
Deepika
Content of type "text/html" skipped