Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 10:52:15 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Lukas - status report #2

Lukas -

On Tue, May 01, 2012 at 09:39:03AM +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
> So I implemented OpenMP in your wpapsk_postprocess() - please see the
> attached patch.

That patch was buggy - returning the address of a local variable.
I've attached the corrected version.  Same speeds.

BTW, reducing GOMP_SPINCOUNT to 10000 reduces CPU load a lot while
achieving the same speeds.  This is because otherwise the threads remain
in active wait during GPU kernel invocations.  Unfortunately, the users
won't know to do that for this format specifically.

Alexander

View attachment "wpapsk-gpu+openmp.diff" of type "text/plain" (2670 bytes)