Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 20:38:56 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Bitcoin miner in JtR

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 07:11:35AM +0200, Frank Dittrich wrote:
> On 04/25/2012 01:56 AM, Solar Designer wrote:
> > A crazy idea that I had for a while is that maybe JtR could have a
> > config file option that would make it go into bitcoin mining mode after
> > completion of a cracking run
>
> Isn't the "gold rush" over?

Perhaps, but the current price of around 5 USD is still pretty high.

Maybe the mining won't be worth the electricity costs, yet it might be a
more popular way to donate to JtR development than with direct monetary
donations (which are almost non-existent now that we're not providing
"do follow" acknowledgement links anymore).

Alexander