Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 23:17:12 -0300
From: Claudio André <claudioandre.br@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: New RAR OpenCL kernel

> This is similar to what I get on a mobile E2 "Loveland" GPU. Are the
> GPU's this slow, or do I have a major problem? This is about half the
> speed of one CPU core. I do get warnings about register spill on that
> one though.

I suppose you don't have a profiler for AMD. So attached an output.

You can do the "WTF" thing (install Visual Studio, install the plugin,
etc). Or you can open the attached CSV (from line 17, comma and
semi-colon separated, see the image).

It is not science, and i'm a confused user myself. But.
- ALUBusy (very low).
- ALUPacking (low).

My GPU seems difficult to "full speed".

Cheers.

Download attachment "Captura de tela em 2012-04-21 23:10:15.png" of type "image/png" (118024 bytes)

View attachment "0_perf_counter.csv" of type "text/csv" (1807 bytes)