Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 17:12:07 +0200
From: Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [Off-topic] Experiments!

2012/4/19 Claudio André <claudioandre.br@...il.com>:
> To clarify: my motivation was to show that is possible to run crypt SHA-512
> on cheap GPU, and crack a real set of data (some random passwords). And it
> is done now, and i have to thank John community to give me the good software
> i can work with.
> My problem is solved. Good GPU hardware is not affordable here. I'm afraid
> i'm not going to be much active further.

Thank you for working on that format!

We will have to add:
#pragma OPENCL EXTENSION cl_khr_byte_addressable_store: enable
to kernel for NVIDIA devices (tested on gtx460).

It looks that including in kernel does not work, at least on 2.5.

ukasz@...kstar$../run/john -test --format=cryptsha512-opencl
OpenCL platform 0: NVIDIA CUDA, 1 device(s).
Using device 0: GeForce GTX 460
Local work size (LWS) 64, Keys per crypt (KPC) 8192
Benchmarking: crypt SHA-512 (rounds=5000) [OpenCL]... OpenCL error
(CL_INVALID_COMMAND_QUEUE) in file (opencl_cryptsha512_fmt.c) at line
(541) - (failed in clFinish)

ukasz@...kstar$../run/john -test --format=cryptsha512-opencl
-platform=1 -device=0
OpenCL platform 1: AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing, 2 device(s).
Using device 0: Cypress
Compilation log: /tmp/OCLA4iLdw.cl(14): catastrophic error: cannot
open source file
          "opencl_cryptsha512.h"
  #include "opencl_cryptsha512.h"
                                 ^

1 catastrophic error detected in the compilation of "/tmp/OCLA4iLdw.cl".
Compilation terminated.
Internal error: compiler frontend invocation failed. Make sure
ATISTREAMSDKROOT is set
OpenCL error (CL_INVALID_KERNEL_NAME) in file
(opencl_cryptsha512_fmt.c) at line (324) - (Error creating kernel.
Double-check kernel name?)

Lukas