Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 01:49:49 +0530
From: SAYANTAN DATTA <std2048@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: cl_khr_byte_addressable_store

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 1:29 AM, Milen Rangelov <gat3way@...il.com> wrote:

> Well especially for RAR on AMD, I had several attempts around that idea
> and they ended much slower than the vectorized, bitwise magic version. But
> you should leave it just because 4xxx is not supported.

I think none of the current opencl format except mine( opencl-mscah2) runs
on 4000 series hardware. We could have two versions of kernels one for 4000
series  and another for 5000 series  or above.

I know sometimes it's hard and it could get VERY UGLY (my rar kernel is
> frightening).

Yeah I faced the same problem while porting the cpu version of mscash2 to
gpu (ATi 4890).  Lot of changes had to be made in each line and debugging
becomes a true nightmare.

Content of type "text/html" skipped