Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 11:45:32 -0300
From: Claudio André <claudioandre.br@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: SHA-512 OpenCL (was: OpenCL tests on HD 7970)

Hi, i can't reproduce here the errors Solar is getting.

Someone (i see Solar message) has hardware and time to help? We will
make some tests in order to find out what is wrong in these boards.

Thanks.

1. i played a lot with the source code here. I agree it is slow, but it
works on CPU and GPU, on self-tests and real cracking.
2. attached a new patch (it includes the new method of getWorkGroupSize
information) as discussed in the list.
3. i'm more interested in new 7xxx AMD boards and Nvidia ones. Seems to
be the best place to look for errors.

PS: magnum, do you have NVIDIA, right? Does it work in your hardware?

View attachment "openCL_crypt512.patch" of type "text/x-patch" (31352 bytes)