Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 15:10:07 +0800
From: myrice <>
Subject: Weekly report 1

Last week, my accomplishments are:

1. For correctness, implemented cmp_exact for xsha512-cuda
2. Reversed last 3 rounds of sha512 in xsha512
3. Implemented unoptimized xsha512-opencl
4. Tried async cpy on GPU but no performance gains, still keep tuning.

In the next week, my priorities are:

1. Optimize sha512 stuff in xsha512
    For one round sha512, ctx can be replaced by a string. Merge init,
update, final in one function
2. Merge cmp_all() with crypt_all()
    For crypt_all(), we just return. In cmp_all(), we invoke GPU and return
a value indicate if there is a matched hash.
3. Keep optimizing xsha512-opencl
4. Discussing password generation, maybe not implement this in next week.

Dongdong Li

Content of type "text/html" skipped