Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 13:07:01 +0200
From: Lukas Odzioba <>
Subject: Re: WPA-PSK format

2012/4/14 Solar Designer <>:
> Lukas,
> How about some quoting for those who might find your messages in the
> list archives much later? ;-)

Ok, sorry I thought that message will be readable in "thread prev/next" mode.

> On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 03:09:00AM +0200, Lukas Odzioba wrote:
>> 1) Aircrack does not have gpu support.
> Yes, that's what I thought too.  (Disclaimer: I never used it.)
> We can and should have both CPU and GPU support.

So I'll take care of them. I suspect that I shall use SSE Intrinsics
for this job. I am not familiar with this topic but learning new
things is a pleasure. If you have any suggestions, it would be great
to hear them before I start doing something stupid.

>> 2) If aircrack can do it on cpu, and people are using it with john,
>> there is no need for cpu wpapsk version in john?
> No, there is: to simplify things for those people (one tool to use
> instead of two), provide ability to interrupt/restore sessions with no
> candidate passwords inadvertently skipped because of buffering, and
> improve performance (JtR's format might eventually become faster).

I totally agree.

>> 3) Do you think that we should abandon this format? - not a problem for me
> No.  On the contrary, I think that it is a desirable addition.  Thank
> you for your work on it!
>> 4) I do not understand what are you trying to tell me :)
> The above - please continue to implement this.  Also, have it read the
> same kinds of files that aircrack-ng does.
> Thank you for asking those specific questions.  I hope this has helped
> clarify what I was trying to tell you.

Yep now it's 100% clear situation.

Thanks for all,