Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 11:50:49 +0530
From: SAYANTAN DATTA <std2048@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: MSCash2 formats reliability & usability

Hi Alexander,

user@...l:~/john/magnum-jumbo/run$ cat pw
> test:a86012faf7d88d1fc037a69764a92cac

Could you please tell me whether the 'test' string is a password or
username?Currently my implementation uses the default prepare() function. I
think this is the reason behind this problem. Also it would be greatly
helpful if you could explain the use of char *split_fields[10] argument in
this function.

Then, the CUDA and OpenCL formats currently have only one test vector.
> They need to have many more.  I realize that this is a slow hash, yet
> the self-tests currently test multiple key indices anyway, so I think
> there would be no slowdown from having some more test vectors.

This could be fixed right away without any slowdown.

Regards,
Sayantan

[ CONTENT OF TYPE text/html SKIPPED ]