Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 04:17:28 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: OpenCL runtime errors

Lukas, magnum -

Somehow four of the OpenCL formats don't work for me on this system
where I previously had a mix of Nvidia and AMD stuff, which I've now
temporarily tried to clean up to just Nvidia.  The errors are different.

The rest of the OpenCL formats work fine - specifically, all of
Samuele's fast hashes and magnum's new RAR with OpenCL pass the tests.
So my setup is not 100% broken. ;-)  (Also, all CUDA stuff works.)

user@...l:~/john/magnum-jumbo/src$ ../run/john -te -fo=cryptmd5-opencl
OpenCL platform 0: NVIDIA CUDA, 1 device(s).
Using device 0: GeForce GTX 570
OpenCL error (CL_INVALID_VALUE) in file (common-opencl.c) at line (128) - (Error while getting build info)
user@...l:~/john/magnum-jumbo/src$ ../run/john -te -fo=cryptsha512-opencl
OpenCL platform 0: NVIDIA CUDA, 1 device(s).
Using device 0: GeForce GTX 570
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
user@...l:~/john/magnum-jumbo/src$ ../run/john -te -fo=phpass-opencl
OpenCL platform 0: NVIDIA CUDA, 1 device(s).
Using device 0: GeForce GTX 570
OpenCL error (CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES) in file (opencl_phpass_fmt.c) at line (162) - (Run kernel)
user@...l:~/john/magnum-jumbo/src$ ../run/john -te -fo=mscash2-opencl
OpenCL platform 0: NVIDIA CUDA, 1 device(s).
Using device 0: GeForce GTX 570
Benchmarking: mscash2-OPENCL [PBKDF2_HMAC_SHA1]... SYNC FAILED
Write Read FAILED
FAILED (get_hash[0](8092))

The segfault for cryptsha512-opencl occurs with a delay of 10 seconds or
so.  All or some of this is probably something I'll need to deal with on
my end (such as by reinstalling), yet I thought it might be helpful to
have this recorded.

Alexander