Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 10:04:06 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Mac OS X keychains and FileVault (was: GSoC non-hash office documents)

On Sun, Apr 01, 2012 at 11:08:51AM +0530, Dhiru Kholia wrote:
> Which "other tools" for cracking  Mac OS X keychains and FileVault are you
> talking about? Are their sources published? My search earlier could't find
> such tools.

http://www.ucc.asn.au/~matt/src/ - extractkeychain-0.1.tar.gz

http://www.georgestarcher.com/?page_id=256 - crowbarDMG, crowbarKC

"VileFault decrypts encrypted Mac OS X disk image files. It supports
both version 1 and 2 of the non-documented proprietary format."

http://code.google.com/p/vilefault/
http://crypto.nsa.org/vilefault/ - broken link?

http://openciphers.sourceforge.net/oc/vfcrack.php - FPGA implementation

There's also my own tiny keychain cracker that runs on Mac only and uses
SecKeychainUnlock() to test various passwords (about 200 c/s at 2.0 GHz,
does not scale beyond 1 CPU core because of locking in the system).
I did not release it.  I also have some related notes.  I can share this
stuff with whoever works on implementing this for JtR.

http://www.google.com/search?q=allinurl:BLOBFORMAT+Apple&hl=en&prmd=ivns&filter=0
http://opensource.apple.com/source/Security/Security-54.1.7/SecurityServer/BLOBFORMAT?f=text

Alexander