Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 17:51:05 +0200
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: fast hashes on GPU

On 04/01/2012 05:42 PM, myrice wrote:
> I think we would load all salts value with first bunch of passwords. So
> what does the missing salts mean?

john will skip hashes which have already been cracked by previous
passwords, because, usually, it doesn't make sense whether or not
another password will produce same hash.

If, for some reason, all the hashes for a particular salt got cracked,
it doesn't make sense to compute hashes for new passwords for this
particular salt - because there is no more uncracked hash for this salt.

Frank