Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 23:31:39 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: mozilla format minor problems

Dhiru,

I had the strangest segfault problems in latest committed mozilla
format, that ended up being because I had the old format infiles - I
just needed to re-run mozilla2john (I knew that but I forgot it!). You
may want to handle invalid input files better (perhaps just make valid()
less promiscuos).

Another issue: When building without NSS installed (and HAVE_NSS
disabled of course), I get the following output when building:

Package nss was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `nss.pc'
No package 'nss' found
Package nss was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `nss.pc'
No package 'nss' found

I think we should try to mute them though I'm not sure how. Just adding
--silence-errors to pkg-config would not handle the case where a system
doesn't even have pkg-config installed.

It's not urgent though, go ahead with Office 2007 and visit these when
you need a break ;-)

magnum