Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 00:28:54 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: mozilla format

I see the salt struct size for my test file is just 360 bytes. Is this
the size they will "always" have or could it be much larger? 360 bytes
would easily fit hex-encoded in the input file, meaning we'd have no
dependency of any original database file after having run mozilla2john.

Most of the current get_salt() functionality would move inside
mozilla2john, and new get_salt() would just read the hex-blob and
populate the struct.

One big benefit is you could add test vectors...

magnum