Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 20:19:47 +0400
From: Aleksey Cherepanov <aleksey.4erepanov@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: GSoC project - GUI for John the Ripper

Alexander,

I am sorry for yet another later reply. I miss some posts in tons of
unread mails being unable to set filters up due to lack of time caused
by prediploma practice report that I should commit tomorrow. I hoped
GSoC preparation would begin later. Also I missed your GSoC announce.
And now my tasks are in clash. :-(

On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 01:39:38PM +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 11:50:17AM +0400, Aleksey Cherepanov wrote:
> > Only a tiny part is done. So there is a plenty of work.
>
> Do you have a specific to-do list for Johnny?  Can you post it (or
> better yet, publish it on the wiki and post the URL)?

I have some kind of to-do list for Johnny that consists of messy mix
of unsorted and unordered tasks, crazy ideas, notes and outdated info.
It is not short so I need some time to sort this and to translate it
to English.

On the other most of my notes are about to be obvious and reflect
general direction: fill all empty spaces intended to be filled (like
statistics page was), implement handlers for all gui elements, make
elements to construct a logical system and then ask users for their
opinions.

Though I think significant part of real to-dos is placed right in the
code and marked as TODO.

Also I had real (but small) plan posted in my status reports:
pull log file in,
solve to-dos,
clean up,
prepare and do release.

Though as of I did a clean up and development release this plan may be
somewhat outdated.

I hope I will be able to prepare and post pretty to-do list during
next week. Should it be done so? When would it be better to do?

Regards,
Aleksey Cherepanov