Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 09:29:51 +0100
From: Samuele Giovanni Tonon <samu@...uxasylum.net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: -DDEVICE_IS_CPU for OpenCL builds

On 03/23/12 00:59, magnum wrote:

> Speaking of RAR I got 750 c/s (for an eight character test vector) on
> first try on a GTX280. Nowhere good enough, but not too bad either: It's
> ten times faster than four CPU cores. I'm hoping I can get it a lot
> faster once I get a working profiler. I'll switch to a shorter test
> vector for better comparisons with cRARk and the likes.

Wonderful! i hope to have some free time to test it when you will
release it; bottleneck is at the "sha update" section right ?

Hopefully this week end i will have some time to try to move best_kpc
and best_workgroup to common-opencl

Btw i was thinking that maybe it could be best to move out rawsha1
opencl as possible format: CPU will always be faster so why keep a dupe ?
Are there other opencl formats that could be moved out (in the unused
dir) so we can focus on less but good formats?

Cheers
Samuele