Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 21:39:55 +0530
From: Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: PoC cracker for Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird passwords.

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 8:14 PM, Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com> wrote:
> Also if I want to include this patch in jumbo, what would be a proper
> way to modify the Makefile? I want this plug-in to be automatically
> disabled in case NSS is not installed (instead of generating
> compilation errors). Thanks!

I have now added a HAVE_NSS flag in the Makefile.

> I am adding OMP support for this patch currently and if there is
> enough interest maybe this patch can go in jumbo. What do you think?

OMP support actually slows down the cracking! (internal locking issues
with PK11_GetInternalKeySlot ?). Attaching a new version of the patch
for review.

--
Cheers,
Dhiru

Download attachment "0001-PoC-V2-cracker-for-Mozilla-Firefox-and-Thunderbird-p.patch" of type "application/octet-stream" (5488 bytes)