Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 20:50:24 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: PoC cracker for Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird passwords.

On 03/22/2012 04:21 PM, Dhiru Kholia wrote:
> It contains an ugly hack to bypass format self-tests.

I haven't really looked at your code yet, but the easiest way to avoid
self-test is to not provide any. This is in bench.c:

/* Silently skip DIGEST-MD5 (for which we have no tests), unless forced */
		if (!format->params.tests && format != fmt_list)
			continue;

(on a side note, DMD5 do have a self test nowadays, but this thing in
bench.c is good for early development. Maybe that comment should be changed)

...or does your hack somehow make it possible to benchmark speed,
without having a real test vector?

magnum