Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 21:00:14 +0530
From: Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: VNC Pcap's for cracking

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 8:48 PM, Rich Rumble <richrumble@...il.com> >
I was doing it to and from both machines, but yeah if one is the
server
> and the other the client, I'd think the sever would issue the challenge.
> I can get you some additional pcap's later this week if you like.
> For the 3.3 protocol I use RealVNC's check box to "revert" to that
> protocol... I don't recall if I captured it or not, but I was also using the
> Java VNC (port 5800 as opposed to 5900) viewer, maybe this was
> one of those. Sorry I don't have time to look into it more currently
> but perhaps later tonight.

I found RealVNC's check box (to use 3.3 protocol). I generated some
pcap files using protocol 3.3 and vncpcap2john + JtR can successfully
crack them. So something is wrong with 05-vnc-openwall-3.3.pcap and
06-vnc-openwall-3.3.pcap files. Do let me know if you figure it out
later. Thanks!

--
Cheers,
Dhiru