Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 19:54:24 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: New function in common-opencl

On 03/14/2012 07:27 PM, Claudio André wrote:
> Hi, i need a new function to check if LWS is ok in the running hardware
> (need it to optimize).
>
> I put in common-opencl (seems the best place to be). Any complains?
>
> Complete patch attached if someone wants to see it.

I have no idea if that exact code is good or bad, but I like the general
idea of adopting to actual hardware. We need to make different decisions
(default KPC in particular) for CPU vs GPU, and also based on number of
cores reported.

BTW, does anyone know why the (few, all nvidia) GPU cards I've seen seem
to report one eighth of the actual number? For example, a "240 core"
GTX280 reports "Parallel compute cores: 30".

magnum