Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 06:04:44 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: CUDA & OpenCL status

On Sun, Mar 04, 2012 at 02:47:03AM +0100, magnum wrote:
> On 03/04/2012 01:26 AM, Solar Designer wrote:
> > Benchmarking: PHPASS-OPENCL [PORTABLE-MD5]... ../../../thread/semaphore.cpp:87: sem_wait() failed
> > Aborted (core dumped)
>
> This is a very common problem.

Yes, a Google web search definitely thinks so.

> Try using APP AMD 2.5 instead and I think you'll get rid of it.

Maybe, but this thread:

http://devgurus.amd.com/thread/158568

suggests that it's an AMD vs. NVidia library conflict, so rather than
workaround it by downgrading the AMD APP SDK it might be better to
figure out the proper LD_LIBRARY_PATH settings or install these things
into non-default directories to avoid the conflict.

(I was intentionally installing into the default directories so far -
did it like a typical end user would.)

Alexander