Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 18:05:54 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: OpenCL patches

Samuele, Lukas,

I just committed a couple of trivial OpenCL patches to git (after
manually syncing with Samueles tree). Among other things I added support
for --platform. With this I could successfully chose whether to use CPU
or GPU. I also plan to support --platform=LIST (I added a temporary
separate tool to unused/ for now).

I think we should rename --gpu to --device before next Jumbo release,
because it doesn't really have to be a GPU.

I also tried AMD's version of OpenCL for CPU. Worked fine. I can't
really compare performance because this was on a machine in an whole
different league. I had some problems (sem_wait() failed, seems to be a
common regression problem) with AMD APP 2.6 so I reverted to 2.5.

magnum