Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 20:56:44 +0530
From: Piyush Mittal <piyush.cse29@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Bit slice implementation of DES based hashes

Hi,

I just took a look at the code.  It turns out that you haven't moved to
> 1.7.9+ yet, although I thought you said you did

Moving to 1.7.9 is not a big issue that I can move later easily.

although the key string is probably wrong (I see that you have the one we
> discussed commented out, so perhaps

Sorry the correct key I commented out i.e
key="\x80\x11\x22\x33\x44\x55\x66\x77"

It looks like initially your goal was to get things working for just one
bit layer - correct?

Yes you are right.

And you haven't completed that implementation yet -
> correct?  What/how are you testing, then?

Whole implementation is almost on my hand. According to oracle hashes we
need to apply DES encryption two times so it will be more appropriate if I
check result of first encryption if it is coming right or not? and for the
same I am checking result of first encryption as follows in function
DES_bs_get_hash():

     for(i=0;i<64;i++)
            ((b[i] START >> index) & 1);

and also applying final permutation on it. (Please don't consider commented
part that I sent to you)

Are you only testing the "Key values.." printout from DES_bs_crypt_Oracle()?

Yes that is what I want first because I am not getting correct sequence of
768 bits (you also please don't consider other things now). And in order to
check these round key values I have taken an example from Behrouz A.
Forouzan. The key that I am using after parity drop according to the given
example is as follows:

   key="\xAB\x74\x20\xC2\x66\xF3\x6E";

You can see this example from the links given below:

https://picasaweb.google.com/104472102705685602064/February42012#5705299936162326818
https://picasaweb.google.com/104472102705685602064/February42012#5705300078962977538

But I am not getting the exact sequence of round keys as given in this
example. Please see to this matter.

Thanks

Content of type "text/html" skipped