Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 21:03:37 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Bit slice implementation of DES based hashes

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 09:11:14PM +0530, Piyush Mittal wrote:
> Yes, below is segmentation fault that I am getting.

> DES_bs_crypt_Oracle (binary_plain_salt_mix=0x7fffffffc640) at
> DES_bs_b.c:1265
> 1265            s1(y(31, 0), y(0, 1), y(1, 2),
> (gdb)

...and so you suspect that a k pointer, which is used by y(), is set
incorrectly?  While this may be a reasonable guess, there might also be
something else wrong with your revision of the code - e.g., with the
loop logic.  You may want to check the values of variables - e.g., see
if k is possibly too far away from the array start (beyond 768 entries).

> Ok. I already switched my whole code to 1.7.9-jumbo-5

Great.

> but while compiling
> it is not allowing to accommodate to any new function. Here is the error
> that I am getting.
>
> > oracle_fmt_plug.o: In function `oracle_crypt_all':
> > /home/piyush/Desktop/john-1.7.9-jumbo-5/src/oracle_fmt_plug.c:312:
> > undefined reference to `DES_bs_crypt_Oracle'

All I can say is that you did something wrong, and that it's almost
certainly not specific to version 1.7.9 vs. 1.7.8.  Maybe you did not
actually add that function in your 1.7.9-jumbo-5 tree, or maybe you
declared it static by mistake.

> I know this is not a big issue but where am I lacking ?

Given the partial info you've provided, I can only give you the hints
above, but not more.

> Do I need to make any modification in "make file"?

Probably not.

Alexander