Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 01:38:14 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Jumbo future

I am running out of good stuff to do with Jumbo. Help me!

We need someone to write intrinsics functions for SHA-256/384/512. Is
this feasible? Is it available somewhere as code we could adopt? I'm
just a glue guy, I can't write it. I could make formats use it if I had
something to work with.

Also, we really need to finish the rar format. IMHO it's barely good
enough to even be included in Jumbo. I have spent days trying to grasp
what needs to be done but I'm just not the guy. I could not read C++ if
my life depended on it. Jim, is there some way we could persuade you to
do this? If you do a third of what you did to zip, it will be a blockbuster.

magnum