Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 19:48:44 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: macosx-x86-64i

Jim -

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 09:37:56AM -0600, jfoug wrote:
> Those unknown errors, were the types of shit I had to write the win_fix.pl
> to crop the 32 bit .S file.  Looks like this as version can also not handle
> something.  We will likely need to figure out what crap we need to comment
> out, and change the script to be able to also handle the 64  bit.
>
> This is normal issues when trying to assemble source built by another
> compiler.  As for the alignment issues, that may be beyond what we can do in
> a script conversion.

It feels like you did not read my comments on those assembler messages. ;-)

The problem here is actually quite different from what you dealt with in
sse2i_winfix.pl.  We actually need a code change here, not just syntax
change.  (I am talking of the 64-bit build only.)

The alignment warnings are actually easy to deal with in a script, but
they're also relatively unimportant (we get excessive alignment).  We
have more instances of them in md5-mmx.S and now also in md4-mmx.S.

Alexander