Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 17:07:46 -0600
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: 1.7.9-jumbo

>Please test these.  Also, please base any further patches on -3.

Right now, I have been working heavily on a test suite re-write.  I will
have a look this weekend.

Did you want me to try to localize the -O0 in john.c to just cygwin builds?
I had not thought of that, until I was writing the reply.  It makes no
difference at all on speed, and only a few bytes on size.  But for whatever
reason, it places the code properly, or aligns the stack, or properly builds
a 'something' that keeps those builds from coring.  The strange thing, is
you can test all day long, and they work.  However, when you try to actually
'run' data (reading from a file of passwords, etc), it dies.

I may be the only one experiencing this issue, so it could be that I simply
keep patching the official make (which is what I was doing before).  But I
will work with whatever you want it to be.

Jim.