Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 19:48:02 +0100
From: Didier Arenzana <darenzana@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: cracking RADIUS shared secrets with john the ripper

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 2:05 AM, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 08, 2011 at 01:09:28AM +0100, Didier Arenzana wrote:
>> I have just updated the patch & perl script; now the HEX$ strings
>> should work with any dynamic_n format, with fixed salt length or not.
>> Please give me your thinkings of the modifications I made to loader.c,
>
> I just took a look.  I think those modifications are not needed and
> should be removed.  Instead of them and the changes to set_salt() (which

Well, Jim has taken care of this now. I will remove my patch from the
wiki when his code is released.

> One other thing I noticed is the less usual license on the Perl script,
> requiring attribution.  I understand and respect your wish to be

I had not think of the problem that could this change raise. I intend
to change the license in this way, removing reference to binary
builds, since it does not really male sense for a utility perl script
:

"Redistribution and use in source form, with or without modification,
are permitted,
  as long as the above copyright notice and this paragraph are
  duplicated in all such forms"

Would this be ok ?

Didier.