Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 01:09:28 +0100
From: Didier Arenzana <darenzana@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: cracking RADIUS shared secrets with john the ripper

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 12:47 AM, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:

> Thank you for your contribution, and sorry that your john-dev posting

I have just updated the patch & perl script; now the HEX$ strings
should work with any dynamic_n format, with fixed salt length or not.
Please give me your thinkings of the modifications I made to loader.c,
I am not at all familiar with the internals of john memory management,
and would like this to be checked by people in the know.
I have tested this patch with a small test file ( with HEX$ salts
containing NULLs, among other things) and different salt length, and
did not find errors, so I guess it should be ok.

> Thanks,

You're welcome, I'm happy to give a little contribution to this project.

Didier.