Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 12:48:52 -0600
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Was: RE: [john-users] comparing two benchmarks

Taken over to john-dev.

I have patched the script.  The parsing only worked for systems which listed
real: "Cnt[K/M] c/s  virtual: Cnt[K/M] c/s"    Cygwin/mingw (and likely
others), do not have this format.  They simply have " Cnt[K/M] c/s"

Thus, I put in a quick 'fix'.  If the parsing cannot find the first form, it
tries for the form that does not have virtual.  If it finds that, then after
building the 'real' time, it sets virtual to be the same as real.  Thus all
the percentages are the same for real/virt in the output, but so what, the
script works, and the change was trivial.

It's up on the wiki, as patch 0008.  The script 'fixed' was the original
jumbo-8

Jim.