Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 23:23:00 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: jumbo rebased on current CVS (was: post 1.7.8-jumbo-7 changes summary)

magnum -

On Tue, Nov 08, 2011 at 01:03:09AM +0100, magnum wrote:
> I'll check for any docs needing update. BTW I have a perfectly working
> jumbo + all incremental patches, rebased on current CVS and with all
> salt_hash functions revised - no problems with that so far.

Did you run that one through the test suite?  The new DES key setup has
separate little pieces of code per key bit, and I'm afraid I never
actually tested it on LM hash passwords with 8th bit set in any
character.  Does the test suite have such samples (I guess so)?  I'd
appreciate your help in testing this, preferably with multiple make
targets (there are three assembly implementations and several variations
of the C implementation).

I think the test suite doesn't directly support non-jumbo, which is why
I am asking this in jumbo context.

Thanks,

Alexander