Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2011 20:29:06 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: OpenMP for MD5-crypt

2011-11-09 13:39, Solar Designer wrote:
> I think we could want to re-add the "&& !defined(USING_ICC_S_FILE)"
> portion such that we enable the icc-built intrinsics even when we're
> building with pre-4.4 versions of gcc (the gcc version is of little
> relevance when we use assembly code anyway).  I've successfully tested
> this with gcc 3.4.5.
>
> With these two changes, I think the check could be:
>
> #if !defined(MD5_in_sse_intrinsics) && defined(__GNUC__) && \
>     (__GNUC__ < 4 || (__GNUC__ == 4 && __GNUC_MINOR__ < 4)) && \
>     !defined(_OPENMP) && !defined(USING_ICC_S_FILE)
> #undef MD5_SSE_PARA
> #endif

Sounds reasonable. So if I understand correctly, the above check would
replace the current one in MD5_std.h and there is no other things needed
anywhere, right? Sure, I can produce that patch. If we come to some
conclusion about more targets for the .S file we can put this in the
same patch.

> Sorry I did not spot this before releasing -j8.  This is post-j8 now.

Oh, but hopefully we're not that far from a j1, right?

magnum