Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 20:51:39 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: GridBob: Contribution to John (for Grid Computing)

Pablo -

On Sun, Nov 06, 2011 at 03:11:20PM +0100, Pablo Fernandez wrote:
> I would like to send you my small contribution to John the Ripper.

Thanks!  I think this is more of a contribution for end-users of JtR who
like to do something similar to what you did, not for JtR development.
(I am hoping to approach the distributed processing problem differently
in JtR itself.)

I'd appreciate it if you create a wiki page like:

http://openwall.info/wiki/john/parallelization/GridBob

upload your tarball in there and document it on that page.  Then add a
link to it from the main "parallelization" page.  Then announce this
stuff on john-users.

Jim, magnum - do you feel this should be rolled into -jumbo, though?
I don't mind if you do it.

Thanks again,

Alexander