Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 01:46:33 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: linux-x86-64i target, using sse-intrinsics.S

I just posted (to the wiki, patch 0035) a first take on implementing the
pre-built sse-intrinsics.S just like the one j5c4 had, but optional.

New make target: linux-x86-64i

I also added a make target (make intrinsics) for rebuilding the .S file.
This must be performed manually (just removing the .S file will also
initiate a rebuild).

I'm not sure how we should proceed to enable this for all x86-64 targets
in a clever way. I don't like the idea of 10 more targets. Maybe we
could implement them without including them in the target list, but
print something like "append 'i' to any x86-64 target for icc asm". But
this 'i' might be confused with the current sse2i targets. Anyone with
ideas go ahead and make a patch (I'm fine with just a linux target).

magnum