Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 01:23:10 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: new DES key setup

2011-10-24 10:01, Solar Designer wrote:
> I'd appreciate it if folks in here test the current stuff (do a CVS
> checkout or take native.tar.gz from Owl-current) and report any
> issues (or lack thereof).  To be specific, I am referring to code
> with JtR version number set to 1.7.8.4.

Linux-x86-64,
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     P8600  @ 2.40GHz,
gcc version 4.6.1

No issues and not a single warning when building. It outperforms
nsk3/omp4/omp7 at their respective "best skill" - even when comparing
1.7.8+nsk3 to an OMP build of 1.7.8.4 running on one core. Excellent.

I have no turbo modes confusing stuff: It scales to 89% in "many salts"
and 92% in "one salt".

magnum